LEDs offer a huge variety of benefits at both the residential and commercial level. Here are some of the main advantages of switching to LED:
Low Power Consumption
- Seen as one of the largest benefits, LEDs offer great energy savings compared to halogen, incandescent, metal halide, and many other lamps on the market. Switching to LED can deliver up to 90% energy savings while maintaining or improving light levels!
- LEDs are high-efficiency light sources, and often exceed the performance of incandescent or fluorescent sources.
Maintenance and Lifetime
- EnerGreen lamps and fixtures carry a long lifespan and are all rated between 25,000 and 50,000 hours.
- Replacement and maintenance costs are almost non-existent compared to incandescent or fluorescent options which carry anywhere from a 1000 to 10,000 hour lifespan (especially when you consider re-lamping high-ceiling areas).
- LEDs don’t produce infrared radiation like incandescent lamps which make them hot to the touch.
- Through the use of heat sinks, LEDs give off very little heat helping to reduce expensive air conditioning bills.
- LEDs switch on rapidly and require no warm-up time (even in cold environments)
- LEDs don’t contain any harmful substances such as mercury or lead, making recycling an environmentally-friendly initiative
- The high initial cost of installing LEDs is offset by low energy consumption, maintenance savings, and other factors. Payback is generally achieved between 6 months and 2 years depending on the application.